PARENT FORUM IS YOUR TIME TO HEAR FUTURE PLANS, REASONS AND THOUGHTS BEHIND DECISIONS, TAKE A LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES AND ASK QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO A PANEL OF SENIOR LEADERS AND STAFF FROM ACROSS SCHOOL. DON'T MISS THE CHANCE TO OFFER YOUR VIEW! IT'S BETTER THAN PLAYGROUND OR SOCIAL MEDIA CHAT AND ACTUALLY HAS SOME IMPACT BY USING THE RIGHT CHANNELS.
NOTES FROM MEETING: TUESDAY 25TH FEBRUARY AT 6.15PM
STAFF PANEL: Mr Denton, Mrs Miller, Mr Woodward, Mrs Hinchliffe, Mrs Gaskell, Mrs Carlton, Mrs Fleming
GOVERNORS PRESENT: Mr Burge, Mrs Gillespie, Mrs Fleming
Thanks to everyone who attended our Parent Forum this week. It was great to see everyone and those who joined us received information and thoughts regarding our latest and future work.
* Mr Woodward updated everyone on the new curriculum and plans for our launch events. We took at look at our Performance Theatre, Nurture Room and classroom provision in KS1.
* Mrs Carlton and Mrs Hinchliffe led the Nurture Room section and consulted parents on the possibilities of developing emotional well-being training and support for families at Mayfield and how this could operate.
* Mrs Miller shared updated safeguarding information and asked the forum for thoughts on the current documentation and systems.
* Mrs Gaskell took parents through the extensive changes we are making to maths at KS2 and discussed timescales for extending into year 3 and 4 in the coming weeks.
* Mrs Fleming and Mr Denton discussed the development work undertaken with our teaching assistant team during the last few months and its impact upon our learned helplessness agenda within our school vision. and
* Finally, Mr Denton summarised those hard to see in the playground elements - namely the main revisions and developments made to teaching and learning in the last four months. Every 1% counts in our search for constant classroom improvements and this is the ideal place to share that level of work that is difficult to see with your own eyes day-to-day as parents.
The forum closed with visits behind the scenes to our new rooms with opportunity to talk 1-2-1 with staff.
DON'T MISS YOUR NEXT CHANCE TO BE INVOLVED AND SHARE VIEWS IN A FORUM THAT CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
NEXT MEETING JUST CONFIRMED: WEDNESDAY 17TH JUNE AT 6.00PM IN THE PERFORMANCE THEATRE.